Well folks, I know where I'm going to be living for the next 2 years: the Department of Guairá. I go to visit it this Friday. I'll tell you more about it when I have a better feel for what I'm getting myself into. Chau!
Jennifer Rockwell, PCV Cuerpo de Paz 162 Chaco Boreal c/Mcal. López Asunción 1580, Paraguay South America
Glossery
Tereré is a Traditional Paraguyan drink. Yerba maté (tea) is placed into a guampa and drunk with a bombilla.
Cosido is a drink made with yerba mate. To make it, you place yerba into a pan along with sugar and hot coals. Char the yerba/ carmelize the sugar and fill the pan to the top with water. Strain yerba and charcoal out of water.
Campo: countryside
Campesino: person who lives in the country
If there's anything else you want added to this, just ask!
Good luck and have fun!
ReplyDelete