Well, its been a while. I find updating the blog to be a chore, but not because I don't want to keep you all updated, but rather because I have no clue what to write about. So much happens, and all I have time to write about is the frogs or the moon. Oh well, here goes.
This week we have Long Field Practice. In groups of 4 we go to a current volunteer's site and stay with families, help them with current projects, and generally see what its like to be in the campo (countryside). Side note to parents: remember when I was in 3rd grade and couldn't get the proper spelling of 'countryside' down? I still use the same ditty, you know, the one that goes to 'Camptown Ladies?' And I still remember that Concord is the capital of New Hampshire, thanks to that hampter and his silly fruit preferences.
In a week and a half we find out our site assignments. Throughout the history of Peace Corps training, this has been a major source of anxiety. For me, it's not really because I don't trust that they are going to put me into an appropriate site, but rather just the inability to plan and mentally prepare oneself. Like the states, Paraguay has many distinct regions that have their own way of speaking, traditions, ect. I'll be sure to keep you all posted when I find out.
Where did October go, anyway?
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment