Yeah, I pretty much love my site. Although its about a 4km walk in from either direction, it is LOVELY! However, I'm not really looking forward to hauling my groceries that far. If you're trying to find it on a map its about a 20 min bus ride NNE of Villarica, a pretty sizeable city. The site itself is settled in the hills which pretty much ensures a firm rump by the end of my 2 years. The community is filled with really nice people including those firey Paraguayan grandma types that I love so very much. Although there's a good share of political issues that have been going on in the past few months, the community itself seems pretty motivated and hard-working. It is economically sustained by mostly sugar cane, as there is both a sugar processing plant and ethonol plant within a few miles. I get to learn about a new crop.
This week, I saw the COOLEST plant. It was a pitcher plant, but it was a VINE, which is really cool for the nerd within.
Anyway, I need to go pick up groceries for Thanks Giving. Plus its 2:15pm and I havent really eaten anything today. I Love you all
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment