Ok, here goes.
6:45-- get up, drink cosido, get dressed, brush the teeth and I'm out the door by 7:30.
7:45-- Intensive language class. We're talking 4 hours of Guaraní here. At least we get two recesses. Bring out the frizbee!
11:30-- Walk back home and eat lunch with my host mom.
1:00-- technical classes, some times language. Topics include Paraguayan soils, farming calendar, small animal husbandry, cover crops, agroforestry, etc. It's all pretty interesting
5:00-- Jaha che rógape! Go home, drink more cosido, chill, study, dinner and chatting.
10:00-- bed!
Well, this goes for most days, but pretty often we have breaks in the routine. Wednesdays we go to Guarambaré for the big meeting of all 4 sectors.
My living situation: I live mostly with my host mom. My host sister, who's 20, comes home from Asunción on the weekends, and is really fun to hang out with. My host dad shows up when he feels like it/ when he's not traveling for work. My host mom is probably the sweetest lady I know. I know its in 2 months still, but I hope I can visit her regularly when I go to my site. She's also a great way to get to know the community since she's lived here all her life and knows pretty much everybody.
Mail: It makes me sad when I don't get letters when the post arrives. An email is dandy, but its not something I can hold and take with me to the campo. Write me letters!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you're keeping busy! What's cosido?
ReplyDeleteI'm sending you a letter from Georgia, but I can't guarantee it'll be there before you leave Asuncion!